CVASA Outdoor Rules
Updated Monday April 25, 2016 by Mark Graf.
With a number of new players signing up, there have been a few questions recently about the rules which CVASA plays by. In general, we follow the same laws of the game as FIFA regarding free kicks, offsides (yes, even 7v7 will have offsides penalties in place), throw-ins, etc... The only exceptions to the FIFA rules are as follows:
- Absolutely no slide tackling.
- No drop-kicks by the keeper - the ball must bounce first or be played off the ground. *Does not apply to 11v11 Summer Season*
- Subs are on-the-fly. No need to wait for a stoppage to sub in or out, so long as it does not provide for an advantage. No limit on substitutions.
- For Spring / Fall OUTDOOR only - if a team is down by 4 goals or more, they may add an additional player on the field.
- For INDOOR ONLY - if a team is down by 5 goals or more, they may add an additional player on the field.
- For INDOOR ONLY - there will be no offsides; all free-kicks are indirect.
If you have any questions or would like further clarifications on anything, feel free to email the board any time.